Heber s. Simmons, III
Heber Simmons III, the founder of Simmons Dallas, PLLC, is a lawyer who always remembers whom he represents, and keeps their interests at heart from start to finish. He is licensed in all federal and state courts in Mississippi and Tennessee.
He originally started his legal practice in 1989 with the firm of Watkins Ludlam and Stennis in Jackson, Mississippi. He then joined Armstrong Allen, a Memphis, Tennessee firm, to start a Mississippi office in 1994. After becoming Managing Partner, Mr. Simmons decided to pursue his individual interests and the freedom to represent clients across a broad spectrum of legal matters. His representations include Fortune 500 companies, as well as individuals and businesses, in matters involving medical malpractice, product liability, administrative healthcare matters, nursing law, nursing licensure, contracts, workers' compensation, wrongful denial of insurance, contract actions, personal injury, toxic exposures/injury, and business litigation. Mr. Simmons also serves as a mediator, and is approved by the Mississippi Bar and the Federal Panel of Mediators.
Mr. Simmons received his law degree from the University of Mississippi School of Law, where he served as Editor in Chief of the Mississippi Law Journal. He has served as an adjunct professor of Healthcare Law at the Else School of Management at Millsaps College, and authored and co-authored many published materials, including the Mississippi Chapter from West Publication's Product Liability in 50 States, and numerous lectures for continuing education seminars and in-house presentations.
Mr. Simmons is a member of the Mississippi Bar Association, the Tennessee Bar Association, the American Bar Association, the Mississippi Defense Lawyers Association, and National Health Lawyers Association. He serves as a member of the Mississippi Bar Committees for Health Law and Alternative Dispute Resolution. He is active with the Rotary Club of Jackson, where he currently serves as a member of its Board of Directors. He enjoys time with his family, as well as hunting, fishing, archery, tennis, golf, scuba diving and being an amateur carpenter.
Mr. Simmons has been named a SuperLawyer by Top Lawyers of Mid-South for 2012, 2013, and 2014, and he has served as the Chairman of the Medicine and Law Committee of the American Bar Association, and President of the Jackson Rotary Club (2011-2012).
- Mississippi, 1989
- Tennessee, 1996
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Mississippi, 1989
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Mississippi, 1989
- U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit, 1989
- U.S. Supreme Court, 2004
- University of Mississippi School of Law, Oxford, Mississippi
- J.D. - 1989
- Honors: Member, Moot Court Board, 1987-1989
- Honors: American Inns of Court
- University of Mississippi, Oxford, MS
- B.B.A. - 1984
- Major: B.B.H. Business
- "Product Liability in 50 States Handbook", Chapter 26(Co-Author), West, 1994-1995
- "Contract and Commercial Law: 1988 Mississippi Supreme Court Review", 58 Miss. L.J. 539, 1988
- "Physician Liability in the Managed Care Market", Miss. Medical News, 1994
- Adjunct Professor, Health Law, Millsaps College, Else School of Management
- Lecturer, "Litigation Issues", Mississippi Medical Law Seminar, 1992 to 1993
- Lecturer, "The Federalization of Medicine", Mississippi Medical Malpractice Law Seminar, 1994
- Lecturer, "Medical Records: Privileges, Production and Safekeeping", Mississippi Medical Records Custodians Association, 1992 to 1996
- Lecturer, "Strategic Medicare and Medicaid Issues in Mississippi", 2000
- Lecturer, "Role of Medical Records and Personnel in Civil Litigation, 2000
- Lecturer, "Discovery of Confidential Records", 2000
- Lecturer, "Informed Consent Objectives", 2000
- Lecturer, "Mississippi Nursing Law Update, 2004
- Dental Malpractice Risk Management, 2009 and 2011.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- The Mississippi Bar, Health Law Section, Member
- The Mississippi Bar, Member, ADR Committee
- The Mississippi Bar, Chairman, Health Law Education Committee, 1991 to 1993
- American Bar Association, Vice Chair, Medicine and Law Committee, 2004 to 2005
- American Bar Association, Tort Reform Task Force, 1994 to 1994
- Mississippi Defense Lawyers Association, Member
- National Health Lawyers Association, Board Member
- Rotary Club of Jackson, Vice President 2010-2011, President 2011-2012
- Sigma Chi